Kingston SSDNow E100 Internals
The Kingston SSDNow E100 comes in a heavy metal case that has plenty of heft to it. There is the relevant branding on the front of the case, and the rear is devoid of any markings.
Once we get the SSDNow E100 open, we immediately notice the thick thermal pads affixed to the banks of NAND and the LSI SandForce controller. These thermal pads shed heat into the thick metal case, increasing the longevity of the SSD.
There is a row of Tantalum capacitors on the bottom of the PCB directly above the NAND packages. This type of arrangement is superior to some other supercapacitor applications we observe in SandForce SSD's.
Many manufacturers use one large supercap, which is less tolerant to heat and creates a single point of failure. Spreading out the Tantalum capacitors, and their high heat tolerance, creates a more reliable design.
The LSI SandForce SF-2582 controller occupies the bottom of the PCB along with eight packages of 32nm eMLC Toshiba Toggle NAND. One NAND die is utilized to support R.A.I.S.E functionality, and after 28% of overprovisioning, the user is left with 128GB of addressable space.
Eight more 16GB packages of eMLC Toshiba Toggle NAND occupy the bottom of the PCB, along with the array of Tantalum capacitors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms