Comay Pluto SC3 Internals
The Comay Pluto SC3 comes in a milled aluminum chassis that has a bit of heft to it. The case is sturdy and held together by four Phillips head screws.
Opening the SSD reveals the super-cap and the slender copper areas on the bottom of the PCB and in the upper corners. This is a system Comay uses on all of its SSDs to dissipate heat away from the PCB during operation. This unique approach provides more stability and longevity in high heat environments.
The SF-2481VB1 controller stands alone near the top of the PCB. As with all LSI SandForce SSDs, there is no associated DRAM chip. The power circuitry to the left of the controller is not a typical SandForce reference design. Comay uses their own proprietary system that consists of beefed up power circuitry that also offers overload protection. This can be helpful in the event of static electricity discharges and power surges. The front of the PCB holds four IMFT 24nm synchronous MLC NAND packages, with a 5,000 P/E cycle ratio.
The rear of the PCB holds the remaining four NAND packages along with the CapX super capacitor. This 90mF capacitor provides up to four seconds of power for the SSD to flush all data in transit to the NAND in the event of a host power-loss event.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series