Comay Pluto SC3 Internals
The Comay Pluto SC3 comes in a milled aluminum chassis that has a bit of heft to it. The case is sturdy and held together by four Phillips head screws.
Opening the SSD reveals the super-cap and the slender copper areas on the bottom of the PCB and in the upper corners. This is a system Comay uses on all of its SSDs to dissipate heat away from the PCB during operation. This unique approach provides more stability and longevity in high heat environments.
The SF-2481VB1 controller stands alone near the top of the PCB. As with all LSI SandForce SSDs, there is no associated DRAM chip. The power circuitry to the left of the controller is not a typical SandForce reference design. Comay uses their own proprietary system that consists of beefed up power circuitry that also offers overload protection. This can be helpful in the event of static electricity discharges and power surges. The front of the PCB holds four IMFT 24nm synchronous MLC NAND packages, with a 5,000 P/E cycle ratio.
The rear of the PCB holds the remaining four NAND packages along with the CapX super capacitor. This 90mF capacitor provides up to four seconds of power for the SSD to flush all data in transit to the NAND in the event of a host power-loss event.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market