8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the CloudSpeed 500 comes in at 30,000 IOPS, but the SM843 manages a tremendous 44,499 IOPS during the QD256 measurement window.
The average 8K random write speed of the SMART Storage Systems CloudSpeed 500 is 16,460 IOPS at QD 256, and the Samsung SM843 averages 6,269 IOPS.
The CloudSpeed has the same slight performance curve with the addition of a write workload. The SM843 leads the pack with the pure 8K random read speed, but performance falls once we begin mixing in a write workload.
The CloudSpeed has very good latency distribution in this test, with 2,142,093 I/O's (43.6%) falling into the 20-40ms range, and 1,754,697 I/O's (35.7%) falling into the 6-8ms range.
Power consumption for the CloudSpeed 500 averages 3.39 Watts, and the SM843 averaged 2.67 Watts.
The CloudSpeed averages 4,792 IOPS per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard