8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the CloudSpeed 500 comes in at 30,000 IOPS, but the SM843 manages a tremendous 44,499 IOPS during the QD256 measurement window.
The average 8K random write speed of the SMART Storage Systems CloudSpeed 500 is 16,460 IOPS at QD 256, and the Samsung SM843 averages 6,269 IOPS.
The CloudSpeed has the same slight performance curve with the addition of a write workload. The SM843 leads the pack with the pure 8K random read speed, but performance falls once we begin mixing in a write workload.
The CloudSpeed has very good latency distribution in this test, with 2,142,093 I/O's (43.6%) falling into the 20-40ms range, and 1,754,697 I/O's (35.7%) falling into the 6-8ms range.
Power consumption for the CloudSpeed 500 averages 3.39 Watts, and the SM843 averaged 2.67 Watts.
The CloudSpeed averages 4,792 IOPS per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit