Alongside the ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Champion that will be running at stock and overclocked, we've also got the cheaper ASRock X79 Extreme4. Alongside these two X79 boards we've got a three Z77 offerings including the ASUS Maximus V GENE, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H and finally the ASRock Z77 OC Formula.
Before we get into the performance we'll cover how we went with overclocking. We headed into the BIOS and started to tinker with the settings to see just what we could get out of the particular i7 3970X Extreme Edition CPU we have on hand.
We know that it's good for around the 4.7GHz mark. Sometimes that's achieved via a 47x multiplier and other times we get it via a 46x multiplier and a bit of a bump in the BCLK department.
Looking above you can see we managed to run a 47x multiplier alongside a slightly increased BCLK of 101 bringing our CPU speed in at 4746MHz or 4.75GHz, as illustrated in our graphs here today. This is a fairly standard clock speed and seems to be the limitation of our particular CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arc System Works and SWERY announce new title 'The Missing'
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Everything you need for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
- Sea of Thieves will have larger map/more ships beyond launch
- Sea of Thieves map will have 15 - 30 minute ship encounters
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit