Samsung SM843 Internals
The exterior of the SM843 features a nice bevel and relevant product information on the sticker. The Samsung SM843 comes in the 2.5-inch form factor with a 7mm Z-Height. This enables deployment into slim applications and blade servers.
The rear of the SSD is unremarkable, though we do note the pentalobular screws that Samsung uses for all of its SSDs. The exterior is the exact same as the consumer 840 Series SSDs.
The SM843 does not employ the use of thermal pads, and the case of the SSD consists of a thin metal shell.
The MDX controller is an eight-channel three core (ARM R4 Cortex) controller. The hardware, controller, NAND and DRAM are all the same as the hardware employed in the standard consumer 840 series. The only difference is the firmware and extra overprovisioning over the standard 7% employed in the 840 Series SSDs (8GB extra for the model we are testing). There are eight emplacements of 20nm Samsung MLC NAND.
Directly above the MDX controller we can observe the 512MB of LPDDR2-1033 RAM cache. We also note the distinct lack of power holdup circuitry.
The rear of the SSD is devoid of any components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit