Samsung SM843 Internals
The exterior of the SM843 features a nice bevel and relevant product information on the sticker. The Samsung SM843 comes in the 2.5-inch form factor with a 7mm Z-Height. This enables deployment into slim applications and blade servers.
The rear of the SSD is unremarkable, though we do note the pentalobular screws that Samsung uses for all of its SSDs. The exterior is the exact same as the consumer 840 Series SSDs.
The SM843 does not employ the use of thermal pads, and the case of the SSD consists of a thin metal shell.
The MDX controller is an eight-channel three core (ARM R4 Cortex) controller. The hardware, controller, NAND and DRAM are all the same as the hardware employed in the standard consumer 840 series. The only difference is the firmware and extra overprovisioning over the standard 7% employed in the 840 Series SSDs (8GB extra for the model we are testing). There are eight emplacements of 20nm Samsung MLC NAND.
Directly above the MDX controller we can observe the 512MB of LPDDR2-1033 RAM cache. We also note the distinct lack of power holdup circuitry.
The rear of the SSD is devoid of any components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard