Thermalright AXP-100 CPU Cooler
Starting with the side of the cooler, the heat pipes terminate as they exit it, and you can see that Thermalright adds caps to the six pipe ends, and each has the Thermalright logo on it. The screws on the outer edges are to hold on the fan mounting plates you will see in the next few images.
Each of the 39 fins of the cooler have tabs bent on the sides to keep the fins spaced properly. There is a section of five fins that are cut much shorter, exposing a heat pipe, but this is to allow access to the mounting hardware.
Since we are dealing with 44mm in total height, the six 6mm heat pipes are making some pretty tight bends to make it from the copper base, out and up, and then bending again as they return into the fins. Even so, Thermalright accomplished this with minimal distortion to the pipes.
This is a direct match to the other side of the AXP-100, including the five shorter fins to allow you to get a screwdriver through the cooler body.
This image shows not only the two piece base that surrounds the pipes, but it also shows the thick wire support system that will keep users from deforming the pipes or changing the angle of this cooler on accident. Great little addition in my opinion, as I have had to re-bend other C-style coolers after using them a bit.
Since the entire cooler is nickel plated, you are given a protective sticker to keep the base in clean and unmolested condition. The sticker also has the warning on it to be sure to remove this prior to installation.
The only think I had close at hand was one of my business cards, so I grabbed it to show just how finely polished this base is. Near the edges, you will find slight deformation of the mating surface, but where the IHS makes contact on the base, it is very level and there was no light visible under the razor.
The 14mm thick, 100mm in diameter fan that is included in the box is what you are looking at here. The frame is a light brown, and the nine blades of the TY-100 are an olive green. With four wires leaving the fan motor, you can also assume there is a 4-pin PWM connection to feed this fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 has players surviving off the land
- Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro bundle announced
- Jump Force Collectors Edition costs $260, pre-order bonuses
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam