8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the P400m at QD256 was 39,122 IOPS, the DC S3700 was 40,766 IOPS compared to 54,767 IOPS for the Optimus.
The average 8K random write speed of the Micron P400m at QD256 was 15,394 IOPS, the DC S3700 was 20,475 IOPS and the Optimus delivered 25,096 IOPS.
Micron P400m provides 68% (3,155,955) of I/O requests in the 10-20ms range, and 18% (842,946 I/Os) in the 20-40ms range. The SAS-powered Optimus provides the lowest overall latency, dipping as low as 4ms.
The power for the Micron P400m averaged 3.89 Watts during the precondition run, the Intel averaged 4.81 Watts, and the Optimus averaged 7.7 Watts. This gives the Micron 3,954 IOPS per Watt, the Intel 4,252 write IOPS per Watt and the Optimus 3,228 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ