8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the P400m at QD256 was 39,122 IOPS, the DC S3700 was 40,766 IOPS compared to 54,767 IOPS for the Optimus.
The average 8K random write speed of the Micron P400m at QD256 was 15,394 IOPS, the DC S3700 was 20,475 IOPS and the Optimus delivered 25,096 IOPS.
Micron P400m provides 68% (3,155,955) of I/O requests in the 10-20ms range, and 18% (842,946 I/Os) in the 20-40ms range. The SAS-powered Optimus provides the lowest overall latency, dipping as low as 4ms.
The power for the Micron P400m averaged 3.89 Watts during the precondition run, the Intel averaged 4.81 Watts, and the Optimus averaged 7.7 Watts. This gives the Micron 3,954 IOPS per Watt, the Intel 4,252 write IOPS per Watt and the Optimus 3,228 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card