GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 Motherboard
Looking at the board straight away I'm a huge fan of the black and orange color scheme. Of course color scheme are always going to be something personal, but what's nice about the GIGABYTE setup is that it's unique and is something that we don't really see from other makers. Let's move in a bit closer, though, to see just what exactly is going on with the GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7.
Moving in a bit closer you can see we've got five PCIe x16 slots which support up to four way SLI and CrossFireX. Along with the PCIe x16 slots you can see we've got two PCIe x1 slots to round off the connectivity
Moving across to the bottom of the board we can see the normal line up of connectors including audio, com, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Front Panel and fan headers. Along with all this you can also see the LED Debug reader towards the right side.
Turning the corner you can see we've got a total of 10 SATA ports present. We've got two SATA II ports and four SATA III ports that all run off the Intel chipset while four more SATA III ports are present which run off the Marvell 88SE9172 controller. You can also see behind we've got an mSATA connector, a SATA power connector for extra power and down the bottom a reset button.
Heading to the top half of the board you can see we've got a lot going on. As usual we've got our four DIMM slots and below that we've got the main 24-pin ATX power connector. Between that we've also got another USB 3.0 header. On the right side we've got a bunch of buttons that help increase both the multiplier and the BCLK while the OC Gear button does BCLK stepping.
Also present is a power button and next to that we have a switch for LN2 mode and a button that will reset the CMOS button. Finally we finish off with a bunch of little connectors which are used to get the voltage of certain areas with the help of the included voltage connectors in the bundle.
Moving to the other end of the board you can see we've got two 8-pin CPU power connectors for people who need an extreme amount of clean power. You can also see we've got another fan header here. Moving back a little we get an idea of what's going on with the heatsink and CPU area. Like most motherboards these days it's super clean around here and looks great with the black and orange color scheme.
Finally we finish with the I/O side of things and you can see we've got a total of six USB 3.0 ports and the combo PS2 connector. Display options are on offer via D-SUB, DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort while an optical audio port is also present. We've got two Gigabit networking ports with one running off the Intel controller and the other off an Atheros controller. Finally we finish up with six auxiliary ports which run off the Realtek ALC898 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel holds firm to 2020 for discrete GPU
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: monster card with 11GB GDDR6
- THQ Nordic has 34 unannounced projects in development
- THQ buys Timesplitters IP
- Diablo III coming to Nintendo Switch
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution