Installation and Finished Product Continued
Once all of the thermal adhesive was set, I went on to mounting the shroud and head unit to the card. Since the head unit it screwed to the shroud, adding this back plate and screwing the head unit to the die will also hold the shroud and fan onto the card. Make sure to use the spacers and the foam block to keep from shorting the plate against the card.
Along the inside of the shroud or the side that faces the motherboard, there are four little tabs that will allow you to run the two wires from the 4-pin Molex connection without looking too messy or having a bunch of the wire to bundle and just hang around in the chassis.
The side you do see of the Accelero Hybrid is this. You can see the shroud does go over the RAM sinks just a bit and in the final installation I decided to pass the tubing out of the side instead of the end, as I will be hanging this card in an unusual chassis and this give me more flexibility.
Even with the full length cards such as this one, the Accelero Hybrid covers everything very well, looks good and still allows easy access to the power plugs. With all of the wiring we did see in this cooler, again there isn't too much to look at other than the Molex lead and the F12 fan wire that I ended up securing to one of the tubes.
Here is one last shot of the completed ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid before I go ahead and install it into my Maingear Shift with its 90 degree rotation of its innards. This will leave me with only the top or exhaust near the I/O to attach this radiator too.
Excuse the use of a flash if you will, it was tough to get the right amount of light into this chassis. Allowing one of the tubes to pass through the side gave me the slack I needed to double back on the cooler and hang the radiator at the top. Now we just need to let this run a bit and get to the all important testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit