Looking at the card there's nothing to out of the ordinary when it comes to the overall design since we've seen the Twin Frozr III cooler before. You can see the dual fan setup and across the bottom you can see some of the heatpipes.
Taking a quick look around the card doesn't hold any real surprises; we've got two 6-pin PCIe power connectors towards the back of the card and closer to the front you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector.
Finally we move over to the I/O side of things and you can see we've got a Dual-Link DVI connector, HDMI port and two MiniDP connectors. It's great to see that MSI chose to include a MiniDP to DP connector in the bundle as it means if you're using a DisplayPort monitor, you can get up and running straight away with it.
Like most MSI cards we see this one comes overclocked out of the box and looking below you can see the 1050MHz core is 50MHz up on the default 1000MHz clock. As for the 2GB of GDDR5 that has been left alone coming in at 4800MHz QDR.
Being an MSI card, though, we used our favorite overclocking program MSI Afterburner and as you can see above we pushed our core up to 1250MHz and the 2GB of GDDR5 up to 5600MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TSMC pumps $25 billion into 5nm node, expected in 2020
- TSMC ramps 7nm production: new GPUs, AI, crypto chips coming
- Yawn: Intel Z390 chipset rumored to be rebadged Z370
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000 rumors: 16GB RAM in a smartphone
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit