MSI as you'd expect have put together a really nice HD 7870 that as always stands out for all the right reasons. Combined with the strong Twin Frozr cooler as well, we can see its strong performance helps achieve a really nice overclock that helps boost overall performance.
Priced at $369 the MSI HD 7870 Twin Frozr comes in $10 to $20 more than reference clocked cards. While the out of the box overclock is nice, the main feature you're paying for is the cooler and as usual, the Twin Frozr III cooler is worth it for anyone looking for something that is going to perform well.
Outside of the video card itself, we can see MSI have put together a nice little bundle here. It's nice to see them include a MiniDP to DisplayPort convertor in the box - something we're seeing more and more companies ignore.
The best thing for AMD at the moment, though, is that mid $300 price bracket is pretty open to them. With NVIDIA only just starting to bring the 600 series to us, we're still a little bit away before they offer a video card at this price level and while the GTX 680 is a fantastic card at a really good price point, the associated $500 price tag is a step up from this.
If you want to spend around that mid $300 mark the HD 7870 is a good choice and most companies are offering us some nice variations. The MSI one today is another one of those nice variations that stand out and you can see it's another HD 7870 that is able to offer some strong performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard