I'm not surprised with what we're seeing here today. After having tested the new AMD Radeon HD 7000 series in a number of ways, the fact that we're seeing 100% gains under CrossFire doesn't shock me one bit. Overall there's no real surprise when it comes to performance, it does exactly what we thought it would do, offer amazing performance with super superb scaling.
The biggest shock for the setup today comes from the cooler, the temperature of the GPUs and the noise levels and I mean shock in only the best possible way. Considering the power of the setup, the temperature the cards run at combined with the extremely low noise levels are amazing. I'm not sure which other way you can put it. Like I mentioned, it's a real testament to the 28nm GPU and the Sapphire dual fan coolers.
Priced at $479.99 US as well, the model is a good option for people who want just one card, or want to go down the path of CrossFire. For the most part, this is actually a better setup than the HD 7970 in CrossFire. Not because of raw performance, of course the HD 7970 CF setup sits faster, but from the perspective of the extremely playable numbers offered at any resolution along with the more aggressive price tag.
Move onto the Sapphire version, they look even better again thanks to the extremely low noise levels of the setup when running in CrossFire along with just the overall low temperature of the setup. Again, considering the performance you get out of this setup, the noise and temperature numbers are just so much lower than you'd expect.
For a setup that falls in under $1,000 US, I really feel you're not going to get one that looks better than the one we've tested here today with what is on the market at the moment. The HD 7900 series continues to be a strong performing series that just gets better from every angle we look at it. I can't wait to see what happens when we overclock these two cards considering what we saw in our single GPU overclocking article.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- NVIDIA's new RTX technology powers ray traced Porsche
- Lenovo's new ThinkPad: up to 17-inch, Quadro GPU, Xeon CPU
- NVIDIA teases next-gen GeForce in 'Be For The Game' video
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and 2950X Review
- My windows get blue screens after i installed bios version F7 on gigabyte z97x gaming 5
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market