Being a performance guy with the best in the world at my finger tips it's sometimes difficult to grasp the lower end of the market. Solid state drives deliver a different kind of performance that can't be achieved by upgrading your processor, video card or system memory. To put it bluntly, when it comes to overall performance and the user experience, there is nothing else on the market that can make your computer better than a solid state drive. This even holds true for older computers, if you have a SATA port then your computer will feel better than new simply by plugging in a SSD.
Solid state drive manufactures are aware of this too and are trying to make SSDs more accessible because they are truly the best bang for your buck upgrade. Obviously dropping in a $200 SSD is going to make your computer feel great, but in 2012 nearly the same user experience will be available for $60 and over time the cost will go down even more.
Still, there are some tradeoffs with the smaller drives, but you aren't going to notice them when coming from a platter drive. The difference between the 30GB and 60GB drives compared to the 120GB and 240GB models is still quite significant when measuring some of the performance metrics, but then again the price difference is also significant.
If you've been on the fence about purchasing a solid state drive it's time to hop off and get with the program. The ADATA S396 30GB drive has an MSRP of just $60 and will be a very good entry-level product for anyone on a tight budget. This drive delivers all the read and write access times that make SSDs great and gives you just enough capacity to install your OS, Office Suite and a few programs. For most users that is all you need. To top it off ADATA is giving you an excellent accessory package that you normally don't see with value drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM