Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The SST-GD06 only comes in black and is constructed mainly of steel that receives a textured black paint coating on the exterior only. The front of the chassis is a combination of plastic used in the bulk of the bezel with a thick aluminum door and a lock that drops down to gain access to the panel behind it once unlocked. The drives I am about to mention are both external in my book even though the listings are set up differently. Once the door is lowered you have access to the pair of 3.5" hard drive doors that allow you to "plug and play" with storage drives.
On the right half you find the 5.25" optical drive bay that comes with a cover shipped in the hole in case you don't need an optical drive for your HTPC needs. Below the optical bay you will find the front I/O containing two USB 3.0 ports, microphone and headphone jacks, and a reset button. The power button can be found below the door on the outside of the chassis.
On the inside the chassis is left with the SECC primer finish seen in a lot of chassis' sold today. To manage the airflow inside the chassis there is ventilation cut in the top for passive air flow and a hole in the floor for the PSU to use. On both sides of the unit there are fans as well. The right side of the chassis has a pair of 120mm fans installed and they even come with grills installed to keep wiring and fingers safe. The left side of the chassis only has one 120mm fan, again with a grill installed, and all three fans are installed to blow into the chassis. There is room above the rear I/O to install a pair of 80mm fans if you wish; this panel also contains a 4+1 expansion slot configuration. Along with seven places to mount wiring to the floor, there is room to house motherboards from Mini-ITX, DTX and Micro ATX form factors to take advantage of the space inside the GD06.
So what will it take to get this appealing HTPC chassis solution to your door? Well, from what I can see via Google shopping, the pricing is very reasonable. Over the ten locations I saw listings for the GD06, pricing is sort of all over the place. On the lower end of the scale there is a listing for $109 before shipping and climbing to near $170 once you incorporate shipping on the other end of things. Going back to our usual e-tailer, I was able to locate the Grandia GD06 at Newegg.com for $129.99. It is going to require an additional $20 to ship this chassis, but even for near the $150 price point, I believe SilverStone offers quite a bit of bang for that dollar.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rime on the Nintendo has been fixed, looks decent now
- Onrush launches on the 5th of June, new trailer released
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit