On the testbed side of things you're not going to see anything that hasn't really been seen already. Also, everything is fairly self-explanatory above so there's no real need to get into too much detail with what's going on in the testbed side of things. Instead we'll just get into the overclocking side to see what kind of performance we're able to get out of the new GIGABYTE board.
To be honest, this launch hasn't been the smoothest for some companies and we've had companies literally email us new BIOS versions every couple of hours as we get closer to the launch. The G1.Assassin 2 on the other hand arrived to us a little later than some boards, but the installed "F5a" BIOS has been an absolute dream to deal with.
As soon as we entered the BIOS, we hit "ESC" and got into the more familiar M.I.T. zone that we're used to seeing and started playing with the BIOS. As you can see below, we ended up with a final setup of 37 * 125.
This resulted in our i7 3960x coming in at 4625.22MHz or 4.63GHz as illustrated in our graphs today. This is a nice overclock from the stock 3.3GHz that's on offer and of course, compared to the older 980x / 990x which saw just a tad over 4GHz most of the time, it's a really strong increase.
While the new Sandy Bridge-E platform doesn't offer as high a numbers as Sandy Bridge which sees 5GHz+ with ease on a lot of boards, we saw in our original launch coverage on the i7 3960x that stock performance is often stronger than the i7 2600k at 5.2GHz when it comes to real world tasks.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit