The Motherboard Continued
Moving to the top of the board, we've got our four DDR3 RAM slots which like the 990 series chipsets also support speeds of up to 2133MHz DDR via overclocking, and below that you can see our main 24-Pin ATX power connector.
Two other pieces that stand out around here include a USB 3.0 header on the left hand side, while on the right hand side we can see our EPU switch and below that our Mem OK button.
Moving around to the CPU area, we've got our 8-Pin CPU connector in a typical position and you can see our AM3+ socket and the heatsink setup that's going on. Like most motherboards these days, it's pretty clean around here and you can see that ASUS are using that newer AMD bracket which frees the sides up.
Finally, we finish off with the I/O side of things with two USB 2.0 ports and a combo PS/2 port. Next to that we've got an optical port, two USB 3.0 ports off the ASMedia controller, Firewire off the VIA 6308P and four more USB 2.0 ports and two eSATA ports running off the JMicron JMB362 controller.
We've got a further two USB 2.0 controllers, Gigabit networking via the Realtek 8111E controller and six Auxiliary ports which run off the Realtek ALC892 codec which runs the optical port as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- US rapper Soulja Boy announces his own... CONSOLE?!
- Overwatch update adds Ashe, balances everything else
- AMD EPYC Rome: 64C/128T processor teased at 2.35GHz
- Samsung Galaxy F rumors: March 2019, costs up to $1770
- Capcom may continue cloud-based Switch games
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms