I'm really a fan of this board when it all comes down to it. Initially I was little iffy on the color scheme due to the fact I'm personally not a huge fan of the color of green, but it does look better in person over the pictures I feel, and really once you install your RAM and a video card, the majority of the green is covered up if you don't like it, so it's not an issue really.
What I like about the board on a whole, though, is the fact that it caters to a market that isn't really catered to much. The gamer! While of course there are so many boards out there that suit gamers, it's the extras like the X-Fi audio and Killer networking that makes it stand out more than other boards. The overall look is also very gamer friendly with no doubt one of the largest, if not the largest genre of PC Gaming being First Person Shooters.
Most of the time we see companies offer all these features that make it this fantastic overclocking board that can be used to set world records with via the help of LN2 cooling. The G1.Sniper2 doesn't do that, it doesn't have a power and reset button on the board, it's not necessary. The person who owns a board like this will install it into their case, they won't be putting it on a testbed.
The board just feels like it's been designed for a certain kind of user group, in this case gamers, and that's a huge user group. The simple "Quick Boost" or "OC" buttons are also another nice little touch. Sure, if you're comfortable in the BIOS, happy to mess around with voltages and that, the option is there. But if you're just someone who loves to play games and don't really understand the technical side of what's going on inside your computer, it's great to know that at a touch of a button you can give your video card setup some more breathing room thanks to a CPU clock speed increase.
I'm glad to see GIGABYTE finally spread the G1 love to the more main stream 1155 platform and it will be interesting to see if they expand on the Sniper board with the X58 platform getting both an Assassin and Guerrilla and the Sniper sitting between the two when it came to features. I think in conjunction with the NF200 chip, GIGABYTE have plenty of opportunity to do an Assassin version and it will be interesting to see if the company does so in the near future.
The G1.Sniper2, though, is just a really good performing board that has features that separate it from a lot of its competition on the market. Again, though, it's just nice to see GIGABYTE expand this G1.Killer series of boards onto another chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!