The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler
With the plastic out of the way you can see the VF3000F with no interruptions. The brushed finish of the green shroud is very sleek looking and I like the automotive looking, etched name plate, almost like it belongs on a large chrome radiator. The pair of 92mm fans is slightly guarded, but you can still get a finger in the clear blades.
The center of the shroud is contoured in with six "fingers" that give the side its shape. The rest of the shroud continues past the fins a bit and actually locks under a lip of said fins. Also, the center of the fins is cut away more than the outsides on this cooler. This was done to make room for the heat pipes, but I will get a closer look in a bit.
The ends of the unit have what appear to be runs in the finish; I'm not exactly sure what is going on here. Of the five heat pipes of this cooler, you can see that only three exit this end of the cooler. The large screws will allow for the shroud to be removed, and these simply get screwed into holes in the first three or four fins.
On the opposing end, we see more of those "runs" in the finish, the same pair of screws, but this time only two pipes terminate in this end of the cooler. I also notice there is a bit of hot glue on the fin; I will have to investigate that.
The base and mounting system are all made of copper and for this specific model, i found only one of the holes on each corner was threaded. Make sure you follow the instruction to be sure, but that fact was an easy giveaway that I had the right holes.
The base is very flat and level across the bulk of the area. It is so finely polished that I am able to get you an image of Inception. Well, almost! I can see the idea went two layers deep, but I can't quite make out that third level. Anyways, it is like a mirror as you can obviously see.
Even though the mid section of fins is not as wide as those on both ends, certain "grooves" had to be cut from the larger fins to allow for the heat pipes as well. As the heat pipes leave this side of the base, they make a U-turn and terminate out the opposite side of the cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System &Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Laptop won't turn on after battery died
- For Sale [5Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $3,995CAD
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games