As we're seeing on most ASUS boards these days, the Crosshair V Formula uses a fancy UEFI BIOS. While not the first screen you'll see when you enter the BIOS, the board does offer EZ Mode from the top right corner.
Normally when you go into the BIOS you'll find yourself greeted by the Extreme Tweaker menu. Doing the extreme name justice, you'll find an absolute bucket load of options under this section which will help you do everything you'd possibly want when it comes to overclocking the board.
Throughout there's even more sub sections that let you control the boards power properties and adjust the timings on the RAM. Of course, you can also use the mouse if you want as that's indeed a feature, but I think most will find themselves sticking to the trusty keyboard.
Moving through the rest of the BIOS, there's not going to be much that really will surprise you with advanced options for your CPU, monitoring information, boot order and the ability to save your BIOS via profiles or setup the "GO Button" file. Within the final tool area, though, you'll be able to access ASUS EZ Flash 2 utility which gives you the ability to flash the motherboards BIOS with ease.
As long as you have the BIOS handy, you're able to quickly fire EZ Flash 2 up and get the latest BIOS installed with ease. Long gone are the days of having to mess around with DOS and crossing your fingers you've put the right parameters in when doing a flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- Rare does Sea of Thieves 'roundtable' meeting at E3 2018
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Brand new F1 2018 trailer reveals the French Grand Prix
- Samsung teases 8TB NF1 NVMe SSD: PCIe 4.0 with 3GB/sec reads
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit