Output power: 100 Watt RMS
Power distribution: 50 Watt x 2
Harmonic distortion: < 0.3% 1W 1kHz
Frequency response: 55Hz - 20kHz
Signal/Noise ratio: > 85dB
Separation: > 55dB
Input sensitivity: 440mV
Nominal impedance: 4 ohm
Tweeter driver type: 1"
Tweeter rated power: 10 Watt 6 ohm
Bass driver type: 6.5"
Bass rated power: 30 Watt
Frequency range: 55Hz - 20kHz
Aux input: 2RCA
Product dimension: 210 x 270 x 361mm
Product net weight: 13.70kg
Taking a quick glance over the numbers and things look pretty good to start out. There's a decent power delivery figure of 50 watts RMS to each of the speakers and the choice of a large 6.5" driver which is well complemented by a 1" silk dome tweeter.
The amplifier does not claim any special feats, with numbers being about where they should be for THD, S/N ratio and frequency response. However, we know well enough that these numbers will only represent a fraction of how it sounds to our ears and also the way it talks with the drivers chosen in the speakers.
On paper we like how the SOLO6C comes across, at least initially things do seem to be in order. However, there is something we have not mentioned yet, which we thought particularly impressive; that being the enlisting of a master of sorts. Now let's explain with a quote.
Microlab is where it is today because of its special partnership with world-renowned audio specialist and Denmark-native Peter Larsen. One-time Chief Engineer for speaker powerhouse Vifa-Speak and consultant to both Dynaudio and JBL, Larsen's influence can be heard in the highest quality sound systems available in the world today.
Larsen's role at Microlab--Chief Consultant--allowed him the opportunity to design for us a speaker driver considered by many to be the very best in the industry. Peter's unique perspective and input have allowed Microlab to create and deliver state-of-the-art sound systems at everyday, affordable prices. Perfect sounds for everyone.
Now, we think this move was a pretty smart one and not just because it aided in producing a better product, but because it provides something that is so sorely lacking from these new manufacturer reputations. And that is simply, credibility. It's precisely this that gives the big speaker companies big sales every year and Microlab figured this out.
Now that we know that the engineering side of things has been seen to, it's really going to come down to the quality of materials selected by Microlab that either make or break how this system really sounds.
Aside from huge reputations, the largest speaker manufacturers in the world use only the very highest quality materials to ensure the strictest of linear frequency response curves. And like it or not, these materials cost an absolute truck load to buy, which is why the best loudspeakers cost so much in the shops.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel increases 14nm production in its fight with AMD Ryzen
- AMD rumored to be preparing Polaris 30 on 12nm tech: RX 680?
- Two amazing Castlevania classics coming to PS4
- Witcher TV show's screenplay is finished
- Red Dead Redemption 2's horses are dynamic and realistic
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam