HD Tune Pro
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
It's been a while since we tested an Intel controlled SSD, but we have been using the 80GB G2 numbers for quite some time now in our articles. The HD Tune Read Speed across the drive is nearly identical to what we encountered with the 80GB drive. Both are comparable to the OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SandForce drive, the model we will use to compare SandForce's 120GB to Intel's 120GB.
The all out read champion is still the Crucial RealSSD C300, the only SATA 6G SSD available at this time.
In the write speed across the drive test we see that the 120GB drive does outpace the 80GB X25-M and peaks around 114 MB/s. The average is where we like to judge drives on, though, and in that area we found an 11 MB/s difference between the two Intel models.
Overall write speeds go to SandForce, though. Here we see just over 212 MB/s average for the Vertex 2. The Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB drive isn't able to take advantage of its SATA 6G interface when writing and has a lower write speed than the 256GB model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz