Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Idle temperatures of the Aegir with two fans set the cooler in the top half with a sixth place finish. As it comes out of the box with one fan, it falls just outside of the top ten. These are still very respectable results, and much better than other Xigmatek coolers in the listings.
Once we let the Aegir loose with full on testing, the results got much better. With two fans it is the second place air cooling solution, only bested slightly by the efficiency in the Ninja 3. As you will receive your Aegir, the one fan testing puts the Aegir in a tie for sixth place in the air cooling segment. For one I am sold on the improvements I am seeing from this new Xigmatek Aegir.
With 7V being applied to the fans, it is the minimum rated voltage for the fans included with the Aegir. Now while they were spinning pretty good, the idle temperatures showed that the fans aren't very efficient at this level. I do have to hand it to Xigmatek though, with this low of a voltage going through the fans, they do operate in near silence, and will likely be subdued by other noises coming from inside your PC.
Once the fans are set loose with 12V running through their veins, the really perk up in performance and noise levels. This is the results I got from both fans running on the cooler, and should be the loudest this cooler will operate. If you are using one fan and the PWM control, only the hottest of ambient or really long gaming sessions are going to push the fans to this level.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Aegir SD128264 Double Layer H.D.T. CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media