Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Idle temperatures of the Aegir with two fans set the cooler in the top half with a sixth place finish. As it comes out of the box with one fan, it falls just outside of the top ten. These are still very respectable results, and much better than other Xigmatek coolers in the listings.
Once we let the Aegir loose with full on testing, the results got much better. With two fans it is the second place air cooling solution, only bested slightly by the efficiency in the Ninja 3. As you will receive your Aegir, the one fan testing puts the Aegir in a tie for sixth place in the air cooling segment. For one I am sold on the improvements I am seeing from this new Xigmatek Aegir.
With 7V being applied to the fans, it is the minimum rated voltage for the fans included with the Aegir. Now while they were spinning pretty good, the idle temperatures showed that the fans aren't very efficient at this level. I do have to hand it to Xigmatek though, with this low of a voltage going through the fans, they do operate in near silence, and will likely be subdued by other noises coming from inside your PC.
Once the fans are set loose with 12V running through their veins, the really perk up in performance and noise levels. This is the results I got from both fans running on the cooler, and should be the loudest this cooler will operate. If you are using one fan and the PWM control, only the hottest of ambient or really long gaming sessions are going to push the fans to this level.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Aegir SD128264 Double Layer H.D.T. CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda director has 'lots of ideas' for new DLC, games
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Adventure Time will get a new Open-world RPG early 2018
- NVIDIA play huge role in smart car race with Xavier
- Reddit will have its content integrated into Bing
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series