The Rampage series of motherboards is a very solid line. We have taken a look at all of them now. From the Extreme to the Gene; they are all great products. The Rampage III Formula is no exception. We found it easy to use and quite agile when it came to performance.
On the overclocking side of things we had some odd results. For some reason we had incorrect readings from two different tests that gave an impression that when overclocked the RIIIF lost both memory and HDD performance. Fortunately for us we do not rely on synthetic tests alone and quickly found out that the RIIIF is more than capable of performing when overclocked. Our 4.41GHz clock is one of the best ones that we have gotten on our Core i7 980X.
But the RIIIF is not just about overclocking; ASUS has made sure to throw in features for the gamers out there. These are items like the SoundBlaster X-Fi audio software as well as the Game First QoS management tool. When you add these with the remote overclocking tools and excellent component choices, it really does add up to the $299.99 price tag from NewEgg.com.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's G7 development halted, LG starting over from scratch
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series