Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The LanBoy is built from steel mostly. The roof, floor, motherboard tray and rear of the chassis are made of steel and painted a matte black. Where the LanBoy derives the Blue part of the naming is in the vertical and horizontal supports. In with all that matte black is a highly contrasting, metallic, "electric" blue. If blue isn't your color of choice, Antec does offer the choice of red or yellow as options. Without the outer panels the interior looks very Spartan and industrial inside. Antec also stepped outside the box a bit on how the optical drives mount, how the hard drives utilize "Air Mounts", and the modular design that will allow you to orient all the drives in three directions, as well as offering the ability to swap out the power supply from the bottom to the top with just a screw driver, some time and patience. Around the back you will find holes for water cooling along with eight expansion slots. One of these slots allows for a USB 3.0 wire to be passed outside the chassis into the rear I/O so you can access USB 3.0 in the front I/O panel.
The cooling solution included along with the LanBoy Air gives a solid foundation to that naming. In the front you will find two 120mm fans that have blue LEDs and offer a step-less fan control dial on the outside for easy control. In the rear, the LanBoy is exhausted via a 120mm, TwoCool, blue LED fan with a switch in the rear of the chassis. In the door panel Antec places the last two fans; a matching pair of 120mm, TwoCool, blue LED fans with wired switches. On top of these five fans, Antec leaves some of the air cooling for the buyer to customize. There is room in the roof for two 120mm fans, up to six 120mm fans on the sides of the drive bays, and two more can be added to the door to cool the CPU area and memory if you want to.
Just on the chance I could find a few early listings for the LanBoy, I was surprised to see the range of prices on the internet. I saw that they were listing from roughly $150 to the $250 dollar range, so I asked directly as to clear up the confusion. I was told that the MSRP of the LanBoy Air is set at $219.95. While that doesn't make it the most budget friendly chassis on the market, it is one of the coolest looking, easy breathing, customizable setups I have seen in case design. There are three angles to look at this. If you want to have the most attention grabbing chassis on the table at the next LAN event, want to impress your buddies who stop over to your house, or just want to enjoy it all to yourself, I feel the MSRP is right on the money, and the LanBoy Air Blue is a case that will stay in my mind for quite a long time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6