I tried out the Notebook Cooler 200 on my lap, sitting around on the couch or even in my chair here to edit images or surf the web. What I found it that unless you have a really wide and flat lap, the 200 doesn't stay level well, nor is it comfortable on your legs over a period of use. This cooler is definitely designed to sit on a flat surface like a desk or table. Over the past couple of weeks I have been using the 200 under my Lenovo for day to day usage. The most drastic improvement I saw was that my left hand was no longer on fire from the heat that typically dumps out of my hard drive. With 115 CFM of air flow over the 200mm diameter area, the 200 offers the best cooling solution of the two I have tested.
Antec offers a slick looking industrial framework and touches of clear and mirrored plastic. Once the LED lighting is turned on, the fan and the plastic reflect the glow of blue LEDs. The only thing is, you end up covering up all of that flashy looking styling. I'm in no way suggesting you abuse your cooler as I did when I tested its structural integrity. During which I found that this cooler is very solid and will take as much abuse as normal usage is going to deliver. I was so impressed with the 200 that it has made a permanent home under my Lenovo. Even while just surfing the internet, I can feel the cool breeze passing through the keyboard and keeping my hands cool and dry.
The bottom line as to any product is the cost. I mentioned earlier that to get this notebook cooler to your house it is going to be around $70 US dollars. Even though I don't game on my laptop a lot, there is a level of comfort that I see in the equation of the 200's pricing. What I mean to say is that by using the Notebook Cooler 200, I get to enjoy using my Lenovo in everyday situations more now than I could before. I don't burn my palm on the hard drive, and I get dry cool hands on top of it. I know my testing candidates are somewhat limited, but I would easily pay the $59.99 that Newegg.com is asking. As I say, the Notebook Cooler 200 made itself a permanent home on my desk, and it should be making one on yours!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ