As we mentioned before, this is a test of the 870A motherboard only. We are not looking into Fuzion at this time. In fact, for our testing here we will not install the driver for Fuzion. This will give us an estimate of the board's performance without that in the way. We are working on a follow on that will be released shortly after this that will cover the graphics side of the 870A Fuzion. We want to make sure we cover all aspects of this product in their proper place and format.
Getting back to the board and the installation, we did run into some minor annoyances. The biggest one is the driver DVD-ROM; for some reason there is not a simple installer script that will let you quickly get all the drivers setup. This means you are quite often installing a driver then waiting for the reboot to install the next. With a script the system can stack the installs or just reboot as needed.
Oddly enough, as soon as you click on the utilities page there is a total installer option. It does not seem to deal with the drivers, but with the tools and utilities that are present on the DVD. At least that is how it worked with ours. The utilities you get with the Total Installer do include Live Update 4, the Control Center and i-Charger. These are not bad utilities, but it would be much nicer if the "total" installer did actually install everything, or at least give you options to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 11 [Power Usage, Heat Tests and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM