As we mentioned before, this is a test of the 870A motherboard only. We are not looking into Fuzion at this time. In fact, for our testing here we will not install the driver for Fuzion. This will give us an estimate of the board's performance without that in the way. We are working on a follow on that will be released shortly after this that will cover the graphics side of the 870A Fuzion. We want to make sure we cover all aspects of this product in their proper place and format.
Getting back to the board and the installation, we did run into some minor annoyances. The biggest one is the driver DVD-ROM; for some reason there is not a simple installer script that will let you quickly get all the drivers setup. This means you are quite often installing a driver then waiting for the reboot to install the next. With a script the system can stack the installs or just reboot as needed.
Oddly enough, as soon as you click on the utilities page there is a total installer option. It does not seem to deal with the drivers, but with the tools and utilities that are present on the DVD. At least that is how it worked with ours. The utilities you get with the Total Installer do include Live Update 4, the Control Center and i-Charger. These are not bad utilities, but it would be much nicer if the "total" installer did actually install everything, or at least give you options to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 11 [Power Usage, Heat Tests and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5