As we mentioned before, this is a test of the 870A motherboard only. We are not looking into Fuzion at this time. In fact, for our testing here we will not install the driver for Fuzion. This will give us an estimate of the board's performance without that in the way. We are working on a follow on that will be released shortly after this that will cover the graphics side of the 870A Fuzion. We want to make sure we cover all aspects of this product in their proper place and format.
Getting back to the board and the installation, we did run into some minor annoyances. The biggest one is the driver DVD-ROM; for some reason there is not a simple installer script that will let you quickly get all the drivers setup. This means you are quite often installing a driver then waiting for the reboot to install the next. With a script the system can stack the installs or just reboot as needed.
Oddly enough, as soon as you click on the utilities page there is a total installer option. It does not seem to deal with the drivers, but with the tools and utilities that are present on the DVD. At least that is how it worked with ours. The utilities you get with the Total Installer do include Live Update 4, the Control Center and i-Charger. These are not bad utilities, but it would be much nicer if the "total" installer did actually install everything, or at least give you options to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 11 [Power Usage, Heat Tests and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG player base falls under 1 million concurrent on Steam
- Sea of Thieves update includes PvP mode called 'The Arena'
- QNAP launches QNA series Thunderbolt 3 to 10GbE adapter
- Alibaba shopping festival: $1 billion sales in 85 SECONDS!
- Fallout 76 post-launch plans highlighted
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch