I realize that you are looking at these numbers and thinking, why does Corsair show such a drastic change in temperatures, and I don't show near as much change? - Well, our test is about efficiency over temperatures. Allowing the ambient to creep up to 40°, it ends up showing which coolers do best under extreme conditions. In our testing we proved that the H70 is the most efficient, sealed, water cooling system that I have tested. In reality, the H70 is only 1.6° off of a TEC assisted air cooler. Where the magic starts to happen with the H70 is when it is installed in a case. Not just in the case, but as instructed and making sure the fans pull in cooler ambient air.
I see the mounting hasn't changed, and does require a bit of thought to put together. This being my second time at it, the installation did go a bit easier this time, but I still appreciate the thumbscrew and back plate idea better. That being my only issue, let's jump right on over to the plusses I have. First, it ships with dual fans! - Second, the H70 has a much thicker radiator allowing for more heat to escape. The lower profile head unit and new fittings will allow the H70 to not only fit in tighter spaces, in the larger ones the tubing can almost be routed for a cleaner appearance. Oh! I almost forgot. The H70 is so far the coolest of the all in one, water cooling solutions on the market!
Since getting one isn't a big issue, it comes down to pricing. The Vantage and the H70 list at about the same price. While the H70 is more efficient, the Vantage ALC offers more features and an easier installation. What the Vantage lacks is performance, the H70 steps right in and takes that hands down. Roughly $115-120 is what it's going to set you back to get the premier, sealed, maintenance free, water cooling system. No matter how I look at it, and as much as I like the Vantage, Corsair has the winner and there is no denying that. If you are looking for an all in one water cooling solution, look no further; Corsair has just what you need right here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media