I realize that you are looking at these numbers and thinking, why does Corsair show such a drastic change in temperatures, and I don't show near as much change? - Well, our test is about efficiency over temperatures. Allowing the ambient to creep up to 40°, it ends up showing which coolers do best under extreme conditions. In our testing we proved that the H70 is the most efficient, sealed, water cooling system that I have tested. In reality, the H70 is only 1.6° off of a TEC assisted air cooler. Where the magic starts to happen with the H70 is when it is installed in a case. Not just in the case, but as instructed and making sure the fans pull in cooler ambient air.
I see the mounting hasn't changed, and does require a bit of thought to put together. This being my second time at it, the installation did go a bit easier this time, but I still appreciate the thumbscrew and back plate idea better. That being my only issue, let's jump right on over to the plusses I have. First, it ships with dual fans! - Second, the H70 has a much thicker radiator allowing for more heat to escape. The lower profile head unit and new fittings will allow the H70 to not only fit in tighter spaces, in the larger ones the tubing can almost be routed for a cleaner appearance. Oh! I almost forgot. The H70 is so far the coolest of the all in one, water cooling solutions on the market!
Since getting one isn't a big issue, it comes down to pricing. The Vantage and the H70 list at about the same price. While the H70 is more efficient, the Vantage ALC offers more features and an easier installation. What the Vantage lacks is performance, the H70 steps right in and takes that hands down. Roughly $115-120 is what it's going to set you back to get the premier, sealed, maintenance free, water cooling system. No matter how I look at it, and as much as I like the Vantage, Corsair has the winner and there is no denying that. If you are looking for an all in one water cooling solution, look no further; Corsair has just what you need right here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series