The OCZ Technology RevoDrive
Here we get our first look at the OCZ RevoDrive. There is a lot going on with this side of the card and we can follow the traces to see how the card operates.
On the back there is very little to see other than the sixteen Intel flash chips.
Our sample was a retail drive, but a revision one model. Here we see that OCZ has made some changes. Most likely a second revision will come along that removes this wire and replaces it with a trace on the PCB.
Let's play connect the dots. The hip bone is connected to the...
From the PCIe connector signals are routed through a Pericom PCI-X bridge chip. From there the signal goes to a Silicon Image Sil3124 RAID controller.
The Sil3124 allows for up to 1064MB/s of bandwidth to a PCI-X host. From there the signal is routed to two SandForce SF-1200 controller chips that can pretty much be considered Vertex 2 drives.
Since the Silicon Image RAID controller is a fully functional and fully configurable RAID device, you are able to fine tune your RAID configuration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit