The OCZ Technology RevoDrive
Here we get our first look at the OCZ RevoDrive. There is a lot going on with this side of the card and we can follow the traces to see how the card operates.
On the back there is very little to see other than the sixteen Intel flash chips.
Our sample was a retail drive, but a revision one model. Here we see that OCZ has made some changes. Most likely a second revision will come along that removes this wire and replaces it with a trace on the PCB.
Let's play connect the dots. The hip bone is connected to the...
From the PCIe connector signals are routed through a Pericom PCI-X bridge chip. From there the signal goes to a Silicon Image Sil3124 RAID controller.
The Sil3124 allows for up to 1064MB/s of bandwidth to a PCI-X host. From there the signal is routed to two SandForce SF-1200 controller chips that can pretty much be considered Vertex 2 drives.
Since the Silicon Image RAID controller is a fully functional and fully configurable RAID device, you are able to fine tune your RAID configuration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top