Inside The Thermaltake Armor A90 Mid Tower Case
Once you remove the armor from the outside, it exposes the heart of an Element case. All black, a drive assembly very similar to an Element with the spacing behind to hide wires. Again, I get why it's an Armor series, but I see more of the Element in here than the older Armor cases.
The front of the A90's interior consists of the drive bays and tool-less mechanisms for each bay. On this side the locks unlock by sliding the center tab left, the whole assembly is hinged to flip up and out of the way while you slide in the drive, then just reverse the process to lock it in. The gap at the left is entirely open from the 5.25" drives on down to allow wiring to pass here to keep air flow maximized.
The motherboard tray has a large hole for CPU back plate access and is clearly labeled for motherboard installation. There isn't much to be had for holes in the tray for wires, so a bit of creativity is needed to make this a really clean build. On the floor there is a movable support bar for the PSU. Two screws go in from the bottom and allow the bar to go in one of many positions available.
At the top you will find a 200mm, blue LED, clear fan screwed to the inside. This will handle removing anything that the rear 120mm doesn't get to.
There will be no issues getting any of the front I/O wiring where it belongs, as you can see there is quite a bit of length supplied from Thermaltake. From left to right, you will see a 3-pin fan connector for the rear fan, and a 4-pin Molex connection to power the 200mm up top. Then we see the HA and AC'97 audio and one of the USB 2.0 connections. The last group has all the LED and switch wiring, the other USB 2.0 connection and the a-SATA connector.
Around the back side of the motherboard tray, you will find there isn't a lot of room to run wiring behind the motherboard, but there sure is a deep pocket near the front that will hide quite a bit of wiring. For those without modular power supplies, this is where you want to go with your excess connections.
The front bezel pulls off with a tug at the bottom, as do most of them. In the chassis you can see the 120mm, blue LED fan that is supplied, and the area above that will accept another 120mm fan. If you choose to, this fan can be removed and a 200mm fan be placed here for the ultimate in intake. Behind the bezel aside from the tabs that allow the bay covers to come off, there is a removable dust filter here, too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit