The Antec Sonata Proto Mid Tower Case
One thing not mentioned in any detail is the security of this chassis. The front is separated into two halves. The top is a lockable cover to protect your optical and possibly floppy drives from "sticky fingers". The bottom half is used to hold the front I/O panel and the sides are well vented to allow for a good amount of air to be drawn in.
The front I/O comes with two USB 2.0 connections on the left, power and HDD activity lights, then there are the 3.5mm jacks for audio.
There is no window in the Proto. What you will find is a handle that offers another lock to protect the rest of your system as well. This is perfect for a LAN option, or even if you live in a dorm with many people in and out. At least they have to take the whole thing if they want in.
Around the back you see the metal as it will be on the inside, to show the paint doesn't go all the way around. All the basics are here; power supply hole at the top, rear I/O area, 120mm exhaust fan and seven expansion slots next to a ventilated area. Notice that there are only two thumbscrews! The left panel, as seen here, is riveted to the rest of the chassis and does not come off.
Not much to see here but a solid steel panel painted just like the rest of the exterior.
Under the chassis you will find basically a completely flat floor. Worth mentioning are the adhesive rubber feet attached to keep the chassis in place and not damaging your desktop or hardwood floor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage