Assembly of The Microcool Banchetto 101 Chassis
As I mentioned, with both sides open to the air, simply slide in your drive of choice, possibly a reservoir, and mount with the provided thumbscrews. Pretty easy so far!
Mounting the power supply can only be done one way, as the holes aren't universal to flip it by accident. This mounting position will leave the PSU with the fan pulling air from the open side rather than from against the 5.25" bays.
At this stage, just replace the two thumbscrews that hold the anodized tray into place and keep adding components. I do like that this position offers the plug and switch to be accessible from the front, however the wires on the PSU do need to be longer with this chassis.
The 3.5" drive tray is more of the same. Just line up the drive and grab some more thumbscrews, and mount up to four drives here. Also in the chassis, there is a cutaway above and below this assembly to allow for convection to keep the drives from getting toasty with no fan in place.
Both components are back in place and ready to be cabled. Now I get to turn my attention to the water cooling aspect.
Right away I noticed that even as hard as they may try, this "universal" assembly may not fit every configuration. As you can see, the holes to mount the radiator to the plate are a bit off, enough to where I couldn't use 5 of the screws. It is, however, mounted really solid with the screws I did manage to get in.
Part of the reason for the misalignment is that the cut out made to allow the barbs to face inward hits on the radiator. A little trimming would solve this issue in most instances.
Since the Foxconn motherboard looks like Rainbow Bright had a hand in painting it, I chose to keep with the multi-colored theme and strap on some Apolish fans to go along with it. So far things are still going easy despite the previous setback. Now I just need to get the tubing and pump in place.
Before you mount this tray back into place, be sure to stage the wiring. Get all the components wired and lead the power wires up and out the top. Once the water cooling is mounted, it may not be so easy to get to these again.
Mounting things up to make sure I have everything ready, I took this picture. I still need to finalize the tubing and wire up the motherboard tray.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Microcool Banchetto 101 Chassis]
- Page 5 [Disassembly of the Microcool Banchetto 101 Chassis]
- Page 6 [Included Hardware]
- Page 7 [Assembly of The Microcool Banchetto 101 Chassis]
- Page 8 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Metro 2033 movie begins filming in 2020, due out by 2022
- Kerbal Space Program 2 isn't Epic Store exclusive, won't be monetized
- PS5 devkit won't be final design, devkits always look quite different
- These Gamescom 2019 Cyberpunk 2077 4K screenshots are simply gorgeous
- 'Hades' will soon make its way to Steam after Epic Store exclusivity
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LIAN LI Launches Brand New TU150
- The First XR-DIMM DRAM Module with RTCA DO-160G Certification From the Leading Supplier of Industrial-grade Memory
- Trintech Achieves Record-Breaking New Customer Adoption and Expansion in H1
- TUNAI CREATIVE's Kickstarter-backed aptX Low Latency Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Now Available on Amazon
- Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Eight Princes DLC out now on macOS and Linux