ASRock has impressed us in the past with their commitment to providing power at a reasonable price. The H55M Pro is not an exception to this impression. Although it is obviously an entry level offering, it still manages to give good performance and overclocking potential. There are some items I would like to have seen, though, and I hope they will show up in future BIOS revisions.
ASRock would be wise to include some form of GPU overclocking as well as including an option to auto select the GPU type at POST. The latter missing feature has the potential to cause many problems for those that want to use an add-in graphics card with this board. There is also the issue of a missing PATA port. Again, as this is meant as an entry level board, I would have thought one would be present.
Our overall impression is still very good even with these missing items. If the retail price on these stay in the $100 range, it will be an excellent option for a value system or a mid to high-end HTPC. I know that last comment will confuse some, but as a HTPC is a very specific platform that does not require the same level of components that a general purpose or gaming system needs, I think that the H55M Pro combined with the $200 Core i5 661 will make for a very capable HTPC system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Nintendo head wished Smash Ultimate launched in early 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One