ASRock has impressed us in the past with their commitment to providing power at a reasonable price. The H55M Pro is not an exception to this impression. Although it is obviously an entry level offering, it still manages to give good performance and overclocking potential. There are some items I would like to have seen, though, and I hope they will show up in future BIOS revisions.
ASRock would be wise to include some form of GPU overclocking as well as including an option to auto select the GPU type at POST. The latter missing feature has the potential to cause many problems for those that want to use an add-in graphics card with this board. There is also the issue of a missing PATA port. Again, as this is meant as an entry level board, I would have thought one would be present.
Our overall impression is still very good even with these missing items. If the retail price on these stay in the $100 range, it will be an excellent option for a value system or a mid to high-end HTPC. I know that last comment will confuse some, but as a HTPC is a very specific platform that does not require the same level of components that a general purpose or gaming system needs, I think that the H55M Pro combined with the $200 Core i5 661 will make for a very capable HTPC system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit