3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo
Sitting at the bottom of the 3D Vision game support website is a few games that are Not Recommended and in the middle is Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. What does Not Recommended mean, though? Firing up the game and getting into the battle, you notice that the screen is really messed up. You have a real sensation of being very drunk as you find yourself staring down two barrels, looking at two crosshairs and realizing you only have one gun.
The thing is that if you drop the depth of field down via the IR Transmitter right to the bottom, the guns match up and the game begins to looks really good. So while I went in and thought, "Oh, I can see why it's not recommended", within a few minutes my thought process went more like "What was NVIDIA thinking? this is kick ass!"
So you start going out to the local waypoint, enjoying the 3D effects that go on around you and you notice an enemy. Right, you think, time to deal some hurt. As you start moving towards the enemy you zoom in and start to see two dots on where you're supposed to aim. If you try to aim at the enemies head with either of those dots, you're not going to hit anything. On the other hand, if you place his head directly between the two, you're right on the money.
Our Rating: Fail. The bad news is 3D Vision is not recommended in this game and it's clear why when you start to engage the enemy. The good news is that the game isn't all that great; it's got a short single player game and the multi player is really horrible. The game looked really exciting from initial previews, but the problem with hype is that it has to live up to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Metro Exodus dev talks ray tracing on next-gen consoles
- Star Citizen dev says ray tracing is 'a massive headache'
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!