3D Vision has been out for a while now and is available to many people for an equally long amount of time. But unfortunately many people does not include us folks in Australia. While we could essentially get a hold of a 3D Vision kit from the U.S, getting a monitor was another story, until now that is.
Both Samsung and ViewSonic have released their 120Hz 3D Vision compatible monitors to the market here and it's time to see what exactly is going on. We've got the ViewSonic VX2268wm FuHzion monitor with us today along with the 3D Vision kit.
The problem with reviewing 3D Vision is that all you can really give is an opinion. While this is true with all reviews, when you have a look at a video card review you have a number of graphs with performance numbers; you can see the bundle, check out the cooling and noise levels and so many other things. Really, you're able to make up your own mind on a product like this without us giving our thoughts.
3D Vision on the other hand is different; we can't take a picture of a game in 3D because it will mean nothing to you. We can't compare the 3D image to a standard one; there are so many things we can't do. What I can do, however, is test a bucket load of games and give you my own opinion on 3D Vision in that game before wrapping everything up and giving my final thoughts on it.
First, though, we'll have a closer look at the 3D Vision kit from NVIDIA and the VX2268wm FuHzion from ViewSonic. Hopefully I'll then be able to make your decision a little easier as to whether to buy or not to buy 3D Vision.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]