Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core i7 975 @ various speeds
Motherboard(s): GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with latest updates
Above you get a look at the test system setup, well, the parts important for this particular review anyway.
Once we confirmed that the HyperX memory we are testing here today could actually do its rated speed of 2000MHz, we decided to also include DDR3-1333 and DDR3-1600 results for comparison to see the difference in performance with the ranging memory speeds.
For the 2000MHz setting, as we discussed on the previous page, we enabled XMP and used profile two. This rendered us with a memory clock speed of 2002MHz with a CPU clock speed of 3.432GHz (143 x 24).
For 1333MHz and 1600MHz DDR testing we disabled XMP and set the memory speed manually using ratios. We kept the CPU at the default clock speed of 3.33GHz (133 x 25) for both of these tests. The voltage for every test was set to 1.65 volts and the timings also for every test were set manually at 8-8-8-24 (1T). We would have loved to have the same clock speed for each memory speed, but unfortunately this was not possible. Keep in mind, when viewing the DDR3-2002 results that the CPU was clocked slightly higher by 102MHz.
Let's begin and see the numbers now!
wPrime uses a recursive call of Newton's method for estimating functions, with f(x)=x2-k, where k is the number we're sqrting, until Sgn(f(x)/f'(x)) does not equal that of the previous iteration, starting with an estimation of k/2. It then uses an iterative calling of the estimation method a set amount of times to increase the accuracy of the results. It then confirms that n(k)2=k to ensure the calculation was correct. It repeats this for all numbers from 1 to the requested maximum.
As you can see from our first test, with the HyperX memory running at 2002MHz, wPrime responds well and shows good results. Keeping in mind that the CPU is clocked slightly lower, there is a big improvement over DDR3-1333 and DDR3-1600.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking Results]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019