Inside The Luxa2 LM100 Mini HTPC Case
With the top out of the way we get our first peek inside this compact chassis. The rather large, black steel plate is for mounting the slim optical drive. The right side has another back steel plate, this time to cover the vertically mounted hard drive bay. That leaves the area at the bottom for installing the mITX motherboard of choice.
With the optical drive plate and power supply removed, we can now see what is going on up front. The front I/O wiring is plenty long enough to connect to any place on the motherboard. The same can be said for the power switch and activity LED wiring on the right. All of the wiring to power the LCD connect via a USB 2.0 connection.
Spinning the chassis around, you can see there is plenty of room to get the board in and all the components that follow. To get this far in the strip down process I removed three screws from the optical drive plate, and four from the PSU. Really easy going so far!
Here is the 200W Flex power supply unit. This unit has all the connections you need to get this build accomplished. Starting at the left, there is a FDD connection, followed by a 4-pin molex, then again by the 20 +4-pin connection. The second group has another 4-pin molex connection, 2-pin (LCD), SATA power connection, 4-pin CPU power, and another connection for the LCD panel. The PSU has an adapter to get power from the PSU in the front, to the rear of the chassis for easier use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit