Inside The Luxa2 LM100 Mini HTPC Case
With the top out of the way we get our first peek inside this compact chassis. The rather large, black steel plate is for mounting the slim optical drive. The right side has another back steel plate, this time to cover the vertically mounted hard drive bay. That leaves the area at the bottom for installing the mITX motherboard of choice.
With the optical drive plate and power supply removed, we can now see what is going on up front. The front I/O wiring is plenty long enough to connect to any place on the motherboard. The same can be said for the power switch and activity LED wiring on the right. All of the wiring to power the LCD connect via a USB 2.0 connection.
Spinning the chassis around, you can see there is plenty of room to get the board in and all the components that follow. To get this far in the strip down process I removed three screws from the optical drive plate, and four from the PSU. Really easy going so far!
Here is the 200W Flex power supply unit. This unit has all the connections you need to get this build accomplished. Starting at the left, there is a FDD connection, followed by a 4-pin molex, then again by the 20 +4-pin connection. The second group has another 4-pin molex connection, 2-pin (LCD), SATA power connection, 4-pin CPU power, and another connection for the LCD panel. The PSU has an adapter to get power from the PSU in the front, to the rear of the chassis for easier use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Uber updates app with 'Live Location' functionality
- Publishers should raise game prices, says analyst
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ