ATI has done what they do best here; create a graphics card that offers good value for money. In typical ATI style, it's not the fastest card on the market, but that doesn't come as much of a surprise considering the $109.99 USD price point.
While we compared it to all these cards here today, the main thing we want to know is what exactly the card is capable of and the type of user who should buy this. Well, this card is going to suit a large line-up of people; anyone with a 22" monitor that outputs 1680 x 1050 and wants to game with mid to high detail is going to love this card.
For the price you really can't go wrong; the only other people that should probably look at this card are people who game at 1920 x 1200 very rarely. They want something that gives them a little bit of a punch and don't mind having the settings in the low to mid range area. Even if you own a 1920 capable monitor, you could move from the native res down to 1680 x 1050 and play at the mid to high settings we just suggested.
It's good to see GIGABYTE has bumped the memory speed up, but what this does for overall performance we don't know since it's the first HD 4770 we've looked at. No doubt the memory increase will give us a small performance increase as well, which is always appreciated.
As for the bundle, it's all very standard for a mid-range card. We've got everything we need to get up and running and it's nice to see that GIGABYTE has chosen to include a DVI to HDMI connector. We also see that GIGABYTE has opted for a different cooler, but how this differs to the stock one we again don't know since it's the first HD 4770 we've looked at.
All in all we've got a good model here from ATI that lets the company dip its toes into 40nm technology; a very positive step. No doubt in the near future we will see the higher end models make use of the same technology bringing heat, power and price down while bringing performance, performance and performance up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit