Moving along to the BIOS now and we get a bit of a gander at the setup ZOTAC has provided. The board uses the Award Modular 6 blue screen with the overclocking options spread across a few menus.
Under the Advanced Chipset Features menu you have control over the IGP including the ability to overclock the IGP slot from its standard 450MHz core and 1200MHz shader engine all the way up to 800MHz and 1500MHz respectively.
The Frequency/Voltage menu hides two extra setups. First off, under the main menu you have the memory, Northbridge and CPU voltages.
Under the FSB and Memory Configuration sub-menu you have the usual NVIDIA overclocking setup, allowing memory and CPU FSB configurations.
Now, this is something we certainly didn't expect. While other ZOTAC boards have had FSB tweaks, none have really allowed any overclocking. This ZOTAC board allowed us to set our 333MHz FSB CPU to a max of 375MHz FSB, giving us 3.56GHz using a 9.5x multiplier. Given the limiting ITX format, this is a super impressive result.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Media Playback]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Power Usage]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's world is always changing, says BioWare
- Battlefront II embraces the dark side and adds Count Dooku
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Sapphire launches new AMD RX 570 16GB crypto mining card
- Fallout 76 isn't going free-to-play
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 2 Launch Trailer Revealed
- Life Zero's Music Puzzler Sonar Beat Launches on PC, Mac, iOS and Android Today
- Point and click adventure game Detective Gallo lands on iOS!
- Predict the D.I.C.E. Awards
- Enjoy Black Desert Online SEA's 'Shadow Arena: Battle Royale' Events