All of the cables are of good length, nicely sleeved and provide flexible connectivity. The 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E runs will help power the very latest graphics cards. There are two ATX CPU connectors with one the flexible 4+4 variant and the other the standard 8-pin that are also EPS compliant.
Now, considering this unit claims to run two, three or four graphic cards, there are only four PCI-E power runs. While I can see that quad would be supported with only four connections on two dual GPU graphics cards, like the GTX 295, there would be no direct support for three GTX 260 or GTX 280/285 graphic cards with the included cables. This represents a bit of an artificial limitation considering the capacity of the power supply.
The 20+4 main connector can be seen here. It is nicely sleeved almost all the way to the end of the run. The two CPU runs, each on 12V2, include both an 8-pin and 4+4 pin version. This will allow the use of a dual CPU motherboard. My only concern is that while it is dual CPU capable, there would only be 20 amps available for both processors combined. That should not pose an issue, however, for almost any modern processor. A Q9650 at 4.0 GHz, for example, only draws 8.8 amps. Still, it is something to note for anyone considering this power supply for a multi-processor system.
Here are the four PCI-E power runs mentioned earlier. Included are two 6+2 pin and two 6-pin cables with each pair on a dedicated 12V rail (12V5 and 12V6). That means that each video run can supply up to 20 amps for an individual card. Considering a GTX 280 uses about 15 amps, this should be more than enough to power a single GPU graphics card. Now, if we look at plugging in a GTX295, some concerns become apparent since this card may use more than 20 amps of 12V power supplied by the single rail.
And finally, we take a look at the standard molex and SATA cabling. These are also of generous length and will offer flexibility in almost any sized system case enclosure. There are up to four of these cables permitted on the PSU. Personally, I would have rather seen another pair of PCI-E cables used instead to support a third video card. In spite of this limitation, we will be testing the use of three video cards on the power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit