OCZ is a company that has joined the gaming peripherals bandwagon only in recent times, launching a slew of products such as the OCZ Dominatrix Mouse.
Now they have decided that anybody can release a mouse and keyboard and instead their top engineers have come up with a completely revolutionary input device - the Neural impulse Actuator (or NIA for short).
By harnessing the power of your facial muscles, you can substitute keyboard and joystick controls in-game and free up your left hand for other key combinations.
The device itself is designed to be used in conjunction with a mouse when playing FPS or RPGs in order to take advantage of what OCZ describe as "reflex-based game play" which can enhance your performance by up to 50%.
In the box we get drivers, a cable, the headband and signal filter box, all packaged neatly in foam to prevent damage which really reflects the quality of the device along with the one piece black anodised aluminium filter box.
The filter box itself is powered from the USB port and doesn't involve any excessive cabling, which is a nice touch seeing as most electronics are 5volts as standard. The headband is a black rubber affair, with nanofiber based electrodes that sit snug against the skin to measure your bio-electric signals; providing the input method for the device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit