TRENDnet Now Shipping the PC and Mac Compatible 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter
TORRANCE, Calif. -February 26, 2009 -TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-664UB, which offers unsurpassed Dual Band Wireless N performance for both PC and Mac computers.
Dual-Band technology enables users to network their computer to a wireless network using either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz radio frequency. Most wireless solutions on the market today use the 2.4GHz radio frequency. This includes new wireless n products, older wireless g and b solutions, cordless phones, cellular phones and Bluetooth® devices. The crowded nature of the 2.4GHz band can degrade wireless performance and slow wireless transmissions on this band.
Dual-band networking allows users to connect low-bandwidth clients to the more congested 2.4GHz band and high-bandwidth, latency-sensitive, applications such as streaming HD multimedia content and online game play to the uncongested 5GHz band, resulting in a seamless wireless experience.
Setup is a breeze with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) technology. WPS removes many of the complicated steps previously required when connecting to a wireless router or access point. Advanced wireless encryption protects valuable data. The latest in MIMO antenna technology ensures the fastest communication speeds that wireless n technology provides.
PC drivers are included with the product and Mac drivers are available for download at the following Web page: http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/list_subcategory.asp?SUBTYPE_ID=1310
"The TEW-664UB gives users the power to manage their wireless experience," stated Brian Chu, Information Technology Director for TRENDnet. "Users can network to their Dual Band wireless resource at home, and with the same device they can still connect to common 2.4GHz wireless n, g or b networks when they are on the go. They can also jump between two or more discrete wireless networks on either band at home or at the office."
The 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-664UB, will be available from all TRENDnet retail, online and distribution partners.
The MSRP for the 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-664UB, is US $59.99.
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit https://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit