TomTom (TOM2) today announces the availability of Highly Automated Driving (HAD) map content in the metro Detroit area. Car makers and HAD-related companies can now use TomTom's high-definition maps for precise vehicle positioning, enabling future self-driving cars to see beyond their sensors.
"By making high-definition map content readily available, we can make HAD a reality faster, enabling further innovation in Detroit, the heart of the North American automotive industry," said Alain De Taeye, Member of the TomTom Management Board. "Intense demand for high-definition maps is fueled by automated driving as a new growth driver. As an independent supplier with one of the world's most sophisticated mapping platform, we are in a unique position to provide highly precise map content for all members of the HAD ecosystem."
TomTom continues to pioneer leading technologies that will allow the emergence of automated cars. At CES 2015, the Audi A7 piloted driving concept 'Jack', featuring TomTom HAD prototype maps successfully completed the long-distance test drive, over 560 miles from San Francisco to Las Vegas.
At TU-Automotive Detroit, on June 4th at 9.30 am EST, Alain De Taeye will unveil more details during his keynote 'Real-Time Maps Transform the Location Experience'. The HAD map, covering the stretch of road network between Farmington Hills and Ann Arbor, including I-696, 96, and 275, US-23 and M-14, will be available in June.
Latest News Posts
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today