TomTom (TOM2) today announces the availability of Highly Automated Driving (HAD) map content in the metro Detroit area. Car makers and HAD-related companies can now use TomTom's high-definition maps for precise vehicle positioning, enabling future self-driving cars to see beyond their sensors.
"By making high-definition map content readily available, we can make HAD a reality faster, enabling further innovation in Detroit, the heart of the North American automotive industry," said Alain De Taeye, Member of the TomTom Management Board. "Intense demand for high-definition maps is fueled by automated driving as a new growth driver. As an independent supplier with one of the world's most sophisticated mapping platform, we are in a unique position to provide highly precise map content for all members of the HAD ecosystem."
TomTom continues to pioneer leading technologies that will allow the emergence of automated cars. At CES 2015, the Audi A7 piloted driving concept 'Jack', featuring TomTom HAD prototype maps successfully completed the long-distance test drive, over 560 miles from San Francisco to Las Vegas.
At TU-Automotive Detroit, on June 4th at 9.30 am EST, Alain De Taeye will unveil more details during his keynote 'Real-Time Maps Transform the Location Experience'. The HAD map, covering the stretch of road network between Farmington Hills and Ann Arbor, including I-696, 96, and 275, US-23 and M-14, will be available in June.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard