Due to overcrowding at the grand opening of the RazerStore in the Syntrend Mall in Taipei, mall management, citing safety concerns, requested that Razer suspend its weekend launch activities.
The opening of the new Razerstore purportedly drew thousands of fans from Taiwan and abroad, including the United States, Europe and Asia, which resulted in a line forming many hours before the store opening.
While Syntrend provided extensive security support for the event, the magnitude of people drawn to the mall for Razer's retail event were expected to exceed capacity, potentially taxing crowd control resources and impacting other tenants of the mall.
Razer will comply with Syndrend's request to suspend its previously planned activities this weekend. As a result, free Nabu X wearables will not be distributed to the first 250 visitors in line each day, May 16 and May 17.
The new Razerstore Taipei will still be open and operating during normal business hours this Saturday and Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Razer community team on location plans to issue swag on a discretionary basis, honoring fans who come equipped with Razer gear, such as Razer Kraken headphones, shirts, bags and the likes.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered teased, could launch soon
- Take a trip with 'Paddington' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit