Linksys, the first to sell 100 million routers globally and a leader in networking solutions for the home and business, today announced the newest addition to its Wi-Fi range extender family, the Linksys AC1200 Amplify Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6700). This new range extender was developed to provide customers a Wi-Fi signal boost (up to 10,000 SQ FT) into rooms throughout the house with a simple, elegant and easy-to-install solution that would blend in with the home décor. The built in power outlet maintains use of an existing wall outlet with pass-through functionality - a new and unique offering for Linksys Wireless-AC range extenders.
Wi-Fi range extenders help eliminate frustrating dead zones by detecting, then amplifying a router's Wi-Fi signal so it extends to the remote areas of a home, basement, and even the backyard. But if a range extender is not installed in an optimal location, users may not be getting the most out of this powerful connectivity solution. So Linksys developed Spot Finder Technology, which enables users to visually see the best placement spot for the range extender in the home; using their smartphone, tablet or laptop. Spot Finder Technology automatically activates when the setup process is launched. Just follow a few prompts for a hassle-free setup and improved Wi-Fi to existing dead zones.
"With more and more devices connecting to the home wireless network, the demands to extend that wireless signal are at an all-time high", said Mike Chen, vice president, product management at Linksys. "Mobile devices are driving this demand because users want to take their devices all around the house but can be limited if the Wi-Fi signal doesn't reach. We designed this new RE6700 range extender to provide better coverage and increased signal strength so all devices in the home can enjoy a seamless high-speed wireless experience."
Maximizing the Wi-Fi Signal
To get that high-speed wireless experience, Linksys has included auto cross brand technology that will identify the best backhaul path for relaying traffic from/to a given Wi-Fi client. For example, RE6700 will use the 5GHz backhaul to relay the traffic from/to a near-by 5GHz client with strong signals. On the other hand, RE6700 may use the 2.4GHz backhaul to relay the traffic from/to a distant 5GHz client with weak signals. The result is reduced dropped data packets, faster media transfer speeds, and a stronger, more consistent signal throughout your home. Also included is Beamforming technology that focuses and strengthens the Wi-Fi signal, while the two external antennas amp up performance and throughput.
The Linksys AC1200 Amplify Wi-Fi Range Extender - RE6700 Features:
- Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless AC1200 (N300 + AC 867 Mbps)
- Spot Finder Technology - for optimal placement and performance
- Integrated power outlet - Flexible plug-in placement maintains use of existing wall outlet
- External Antenna for better Wi-Fi coverage and performance
- Auto Cross Band Technology allows for the simultaneous use of both wireless bands for providing high speed data transfer to help with uninterrupted music/video streaming and gaming
- Gigabit Port for connecting a single wired device or plug in a Gigabit switch for connecting multiple wired devices to a wireless network
- 3.5mm audio jack allows users to connect speakers to the range extender to stream music wirelessly from your iOS or Android smartphone, tablet, or laptop
- Works with any router or gateway including routers supplied by service provider
Pricing and Availability
The RE6700 is available starting today at major retail and online resellers as well as the Linksys store for an MSRP of $119.99.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Join the fight in our 'Alita: Battle Angel' Blu-ray giveaway
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price