Sonnet today announced the launch of its new USB 3.0+eSATA Thunderbolt Adapter for easy connectivity to USB 3.0 devices and eSATA storage, and USB 3.0+Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter for easy connectivity to USB 3.0 devices and Gigabit Ethernet wired networking. Both devices leverage Thunderbolt technology to provide an inexpensive connectivity alternative for Mac and Windows PC users.
"These adapters are designed for anybody who needs a simple and cost-effective solution for adding high-throughput peripheral and wired networking connectivity to any computer with a Thunderbolt port," said Robert Farnsworth, CEO, Sonnet Technologies. "For early adopters of Thunderbolt technology, these adapters provide the USB 3.0 connectivity found on today's systems, while the eSATA and Gigabit Ethernet ports enable many more users to connect effortlessly to fast storage and wired infrastructure."
Both the USB 3.0+eSATA Thunderbolt Adapter and USB 3.0+Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter provide one 5.0 Gb/s USB 3.0 port for connecting to storage, hubs, and other USB 3.0 devices. In addition, the eSATA Adapter offers a single eSATA port that supports port multipliers, and the Gigabit Ethernet Adapter includes a Gigabit Ethernet port that supports 1000/100/10Base-T auto-negotiation. Both devices are bus-powered and require no additional power adapter, and each comes equipped with a 10 Gb/s Thunderbolt interface and attached Thunderbolt cable.
Both the USB 3.0+eSATA Thunderbolt Adapter and USB 3.0+Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter are compatible with any Mac computer with a Thunderbolt port running OS X 10.8.5 and higher, as well any desktop or notebook PC with a Thunderbolt 2 port running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Each adapter is currently available at a MSRP of $99.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard