Sonnet today announced the launch of its new USB 3.0+eSATA Thunderbolt Adapter for easy connectivity to USB 3.0 devices and eSATA storage, and USB 3.0+Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter for easy connectivity to USB 3.0 devices and Gigabit Ethernet wired networking. Both devices leverage Thunderbolt technology to provide an inexpensive connectivity alternative for Mac and Windows PC users.
"These adapters are designed for anybody who needs a simple and cost-effective solution for adding high-throughput peripheral and wired networking connectivity to any computer with a Thunderbolt port," said Robert Farnsworth, CEO, Sonnet Technologies. "For early adopters of Thunderbolt technology, these adapters provide the USB 3.0 connectivity found on today's systems, while the eSATA and Gigabit Ethernet ports enable many more users to connect effortlessly to fast storage and wired infrastructure."
Both the USB 3.0+eSATA Thunderbolt Adapter and USB 3.0+Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter provide one 5.0 Gb/s USB 3.0 port for connecting to storage, hubs, and other USB 3.0 devices. In addition, the eSATA Adapter offers a single eSATA port that supports port multipliers, and the Gigabit Ethernet Adapter includes a Gigabit Ethernet port that supports 1000/100/10Base-T auto-negotiation. Both devices are bus-powered and require no additional power adapter, and each comes equipped with a 10 Gb/s Thunderbolt interface and attached Thunderbolt cable.
Both the USB 3.0+eSATA Thunderbolt Adapter and USB 3.0+Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter are compatible with any Mac computer with a Thunderbolt port running OS X 10.8.5 and higher, as well any desktop or notebook PC with a Thunderbolt 2 port running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Each adapter is currently available at a MSRP of $99.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Brave Software lands deal with Dow Jones Media Group
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit