Sonnet today announced the launch of its new USB 3.0+eSATA Thunderbolt Adapter for easy connectivity to USB 3.0 devices and eSATA storage, and USB 3.0+Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter for easy connectivity to USB 3.0 devices and Gigabit Ethernet wired networking. Both devices leverage Thunderbolt technology to provide an inexpensive connectivity alternative for Mac and Windows PC users.
"These adapters are designed for anybody who needs a simple and cost-effective solution for adding high-throughput peripheral and wired networking connectivity to any computer with a Thunderbolt port," said Robert Farnsworth, CEO, Sonnet Technologies. "For early adopters of Thunderbolt technology, these adapters provide the USB 3.0 connectivity found on today's systems, while the eSATA and Gigabit Ethernet ports enable many more users to connect effortlessly to fast storage and wired infrastructure."
Both the USB 3.0+eSATA Thunderbolt Adapter and USB 3.0+Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter provide one 5.0 Gb/s USB 3.0 port for connecting to storage, hubs, and other USB 3.0 devices. In addition, the eSATA Adapter offers a single eSATA port that supports port multipliers, and the Gigabit Ethernet Adapter includes a Gigabit Ethernet port that supports 1000/100/10Base-T auto-negotiation. Both devices are bus-powered and require no additional power adapter, and each comes equipped with a 10 Gb/s Thunderbolt interface and attached Thunderbolt cable.
Both the USB 3.0+eSATA Thunderbolt Adapter and USB 3.0+Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter are compatible with any Mac computer with a Thunderbolt port running OS X 10.8.5 and higher, as well any desktop or notebook PC with a Thunderbolt 2 port running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Each adapter is currently available at a MSRP of $99.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard