TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the AC3200 Tri Band Wireless Router, model TEW-828DRU, a next generation Wi-Fi router featuring three concurrent wireless networks -- two separate ultra-performance 1,300 Mbps Wi-Fi AC networks and a 600 Mbps Wi-Fi N network.
The average North American home has almost 10 Wi-Fi-networked devices. Globally, there are currently 16 billion Wi-Fi devices connected to the internet and that number is projected to more than double by 2020. TRENDnet's TEW-828DRU is designed to effortlessly and intelligently manage the tremendous growth of Wi-Fi devices in the home.
SmartConnect technology virtually combines the router's two separate 1,300 Mbps Wi-Fi AC bands, so that only one Wi-Fi AC network is visible, while managing each band individually. Slower Wi-Fi AC devices are grouped together and assigned to the lower performing Wi-Fi AC band and faster Wi-Fi AC devices are moved to the highest performing Wi-Fi AC band--thereby optimizing the Wi-Fi speeds of each connected device. Networking throughput is further bolstered by an extreme performance 1 GHz dual-core processor and by Broadcom's second generation 5G Wi-Fi XStream platform.
The TEW-828DRU sports six high performance external antennas, all Gigabit network ports, and USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 share ports. Six high-end Wi-Fi amplifiers maximize Wi-Fi signal output and targeted Beamforming technology increases real-time performance by directing stronger wireless signals to each connected device's specific location.
For added protection, the router's Wi-Fi bands are pre-encrypted with their own unique eight character password. Thereby, eliminating the common hack of accessing a router using a common default password (such as 'admin'). Furthermore, users can create guest networks which only allow internet access.
"With so many Wi-Fi devices in today's home and a more than doubling of Wi-Fi devices by 2020," stated Zak Wood, global marketing director of TRENDnet. "TRENDnet's TEW-828DRU offers plenty of Wi-Fi horse power and SmartConnect technology automatically migrates fast Wi-Fi AC devices to the highest performing Wi-Fi AC band."
TEW-828DRU AC3200 Tri Band Wireless Router
- Three concurrent Wi-Fi bands maximize device networking speeds
- AC3200: 1300 Mbps AC1 + 1300 Mbps AC2 + 600 Mbps N bands
- SmartConnect automatically groups slower and faster AC devices to separate Wi-Fi AC bands
- Pre-encrypted Wi-Fi for your convenience
- All Gigabit wired ports
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 share ports
- Extreme performance 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Create isolated guest networks
- TEW-828DRU Warranty: 3 year limited
- TEW-828DRU Availability: Available from retailers and other TRENDnet partners this February 2015
- TEW-828DRU MSRP: USD 279.99
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Division movie secures John Wick, Deadpool 2 director
- Microsoft seeks engineers for next-gen Xbox, teases GDDR6
- Fortnite developer: no rush to make new Battle Royale maps
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit