MasterCard today announced the MasterCard Masters of Code competition. The intense, 10-city hackathon series will traverse the globe - from Sydney to Silicon Valley - to find the master artisans of our day: developers.
Sponsored and hosted by MasterCard and organized by AngelHack, the Masters of Code competition features regional weekend-long events that will bring together the world's top developers, designers and entrepreneurs to take on the APIs supplied by MasterCard. Using these APIs, developers will have access to unsurpassed assets, data and products from MasterCard focused on powering commerce on a global scale. The participating teams will compete to create innovative prototypes that demonstrate artful coding and design skills while also articulating clear business use cases - all focused on driving the next generation of commerce applications.
The winning team from each region will be flown to Silicon Valley to compete in the Grand Finale Masters of Code hackathon. There, a MasterCard Masters of Code Champion will be crowned and will receive $100,000 to develop their innovation, in addition to the following prizes*:
- Two weeks on-site at the MasterCard Start Path accelerator location in Dublin, Ireland, or an alternate remote program;
- Six months of mentoring from a member of the MasterCard Open API executive team and the Start Path program team; and,
- Free payment processing for up to $250,000 in transactions for the first 12 months using Simplify Commerce.
While in California, all winning regional teams will also be awarded a MasterCard Priceless® Experience - Northern California to take place in Napa Valley and San Francisco.
The 2015 MasterCard Masters of Code competition kicks off with its first event in Sydney, Australia on February 7-8, followed by events in Hong Kong (March 18-19) and Singapore (March 25-26). Additional locations for the Masters of Code series include cities in Brazil, Canada, Israel, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States, among others.
"We encourage developers from around the world to participate in our Masters of Code competition and use the power of MasterCard through our APIs to create the next generation of commerce applications globally," said Mario Shiliashki, Senior Vice President of Open APIs, MasterCard. "MasterCard is the world's most advanced payments network, and the MasterCard Developer Zone is the bridge to it for developers. We are opening up our technology to the world for a simple reason - to enable any developer to utilize our products and platforms to build the next big thing."
* For more information about the MasterCard Masters of Code competition including rules, judging criteria, prizes, etc., please visit mastersofcode.org.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Super Secret' Navi GPU teased
- Fallout developers won't use micro-transactions in new game
- Self-driving cars expected to create a $7 trillion industry
- Extinction will be micro-transaction free
- Google upgrade their trade-in program to cardboard boxes
- IN WIN AURORA Addressable RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN POLARIS Silent RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- old version of bios for asrock z77 extreme 3
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO Review: 3 x 8-pin PCIe?!
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series