Synology America Corp. today announced the release of its latest RackStation NAS with the RS814. The RS814 is a high-performance 4-bay 1U server designed to scale up to 8 drives when using an RX410 expansion module.
Optimized for SMB environments, the RS814 provides scalability for growing companies, and productive uptime. Building on top of its predecessor's success, the new RackStation provides the award-winning DiskStation Manager OS with performance that small businesses need, exceeding 200 MB/s for read task and 130 MB/s for write. With the dual NIC configuration, it enables MPIO failover support for additional network redundancy.
As with previous four-bay RackStations, the RS814 has passive cooling on the CPU, which eliminates a potential point of failure. Adaptive fans compensate to keep the system cool in the event of fan malfunction. Its dual-core processor includes a floating-point unit (FPU), which reduces the load when creating file previews. It also includes a RAM increase, offering 1GB; which renders a significant improvement on multitasking.
Shipping with DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.3, the RS814 takes advantage of DSM's business oriented features including:
- Web Station with PHP/MySQL enables the RS814 to host up to 30 websites
- VPN Server - for providing a secure way of connecting to your LAN from a remote location
- Cloud Station - keeps files, file types, and folders in sync across all devices
- AD and LDAP integration - easily deploy Synology products into your existing environment
"The RS814 is designed to meet the needs of small and medium business users," said Thadd Weil, Public Relations Specialist at Synology America Corp. "When you combine its performance, scalability and cost, the RS814 adds up to an excellent value."
For more information, please go to: http://www.synology.com/en-us/products/overview/RS814
Synology RS814 now shipping globally.
- RS814 = $599.99
- RX410 = $599.99
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes