SK Hynix announced its launch of client SSD (Solid State Drive). The SSD features faster speed and low power consumption than HDD (Hard Disk Drive) so it is expected to replace the HDD as another type of storage for PCs and other applications.
The first ever SK Hynix's client 2.5" SSD consists of ONFI synchronous NAND Flash memory using 20nm class process and densities of 128GB (Gigabyte) and 256GB are available. It significantly improves the speed and reliability by adopting SATA III interface with data transmissions at 6Gb/s (Gigabits per second). This high performance SSD generates sequential read speeds of 510MB/s (Megabytes per second) and sequential write speeds of 470MB/s. It is three or four times faster than the traditional HDD.
The SSD products support multiple management functions including 'TRIM' feature to boost speed by wiping data internally. It also has an 'End-to-End Protection' feature to prevent data loss and reinforces security of the data by using encryption algorithm of 128-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) to ensure the security of the data.
"In order to satisfy high standard requirements from customers who are willing to enjoy significantly improved performance of their PCs, SK Hynix has released the high-end SSD products with our high performance NAND Flash," said Mr. Ji Bum Kim, Head of Worldwide Marketing & Sales Division of SK Hynix. "On top of this product, SK Hynix will line up various SSD products and play a main role in the NAND Flash market," he added.
SK Hynix has been providing mSATA (mini-Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) 32/64/128GB SSDs to the PC OEMs since the end of the last year. The newly launched client SSD has been released in Japan and it will soon be introduced in Korea and the US. The Company also opened a skhynix.com/ssd]SSD website for more information.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard