BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/2012 -- NVIDIA announced today at Mobile World Congress the world's first NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 super phones, including the HTC One X, LG Optimus 4X HD, ZTE Era, Fujitsu's Ultra High Spec Smartphone and the K-Touch Treasure V8.
The new version of Tegra 3 for super phones runs at speeds up to 1.5 GHz. At the heart of Tegra 3 is its unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core CPU architecture that delivers outstanding performance and amazing battery life, plus a 12-core GPU, to deliver up to 5x the performance of the world's first dual-core processor, Tegra 2.
"The year of the quad-core phone has truly begun," said Michael Rayfield, General Manager of the Mobile business at NVIDIA. "But quad-core still isn't enough. With Tegra 3 we built a processor with unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core architecture so that you can get great battery life and performance when you need it."
The five new Tegra 3 super phones deliver ultra-fast web browsing, high-quality gaming and extreme multitasking -- together with long battery life.
They take advantage of Tegra 3-optimized mobile games that deliver more realism, with dynamic lighting, physical effects and high resolution environments. These games are found in Tegra Zone, NVIDIA's free Android Market app which showcases the best games optimized for the Tegra processor.
Highlights / Key Facts:
The Tegra 3 processor for super phones runs at up to 1.5 GHz and features:
Unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core CPU architecture, including a fifth battery saver core that operates at exceptionally low power
A 12-core GeForce GPU, with up to 3x the graphics performance of the Tegra 2 processor, including support for stereoscopic 3D
New video engines with support for 1080p high profile video at 40 Mbps
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam