BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/2012 -- NVIDIA announced today at Mobile World Congress the world's first NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 super phones, including the HTC One X, LG Optimus 4X HD, ZTE Era, Fujitsu's Ultra High Spec Smartphone and the K-Touch Treasure V8.
The new version of Tegra 3 for super phones runs at speeds up to 1.5 GHz. At the heart of Tegra 3 is its unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core CPU architecture that delivers outstanding performance and amazing battery life, plus a 12-core GPU, to deliver up to 5x the performance of the world's first dual-core processor, Tegra 2.
"The year of the quad-core phone has truly begun," said Michael Rayfield, General Manager of the Mobile business at NVIDIA. "But quad-core still isn't enough. With Tegra 3 we built a processor with unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core architecture so that you can get great battery life and performance when you need it."
The five new Tegra 3 super phones deliver ultra-fast web browsing, high-quality gaming and extreme multitasking -- together with long battery life.
They take advantage of Tegra 3-optimized mobile games that deliver more realism, with dynamic lighting, physical effects and high resolution environments. These games are found in Tegra Zone, NVIDIA's free Android Market app which showcases the best games optimized for the Tegra processor.
Highlights / Key Facts:
The Tegra 3 processor for super phones runs at up to 1.5 GHz and features:
Unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core CPU architecture, including a fifth battery saver core that operates at exceptionally low power
A 12-core GeForce GPU, with up to 3x the graphics performance of the Tegra 2 processor, including support for stereoscopic 3D
New video engines with support for 1080p high profile video at 40 Mbps
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Battlegrounds already has over 1 million playing on Xbox One
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series