BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/2012 -- NVIDIA announced today at Mobile World Congress the world's first NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 super phones, including the HTC One X, LG Optimus 4X HD, ZTE Era, Fujitsu's Ultra High Spec Smartphone and the K-Touch Treasure V8.
The new version of Tegra 3 for super phones runs at speeds up to 1.5 GHz. At the heart of Tegra 3 is its unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core CPU architecture that delivers outstanding performance and amazing battery life, plus a 12-core GPU, to deliver up to 5x the performance of the world's first dual-core processor, Tegra 2.
"The year of the quad-core phone has truly begun," said Michael Rayfield, General Manager of the Mobile business at NVIDIA. "But quad-core still isn't enough. With Tegra 3 we built a processor with unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core architecture so that you can get great battery life and performance when you need it."
The five new Tegra 3 super phones deliver ultra-fast web browsing, high-quality gaming and extreme multitasking -- together with long battery life.
They take advantage of Tegra 3-optimized mobile games that deliver more realism, with dynamic lighting, physical effects and high resolution environments. These games are found in Tegra Zone, NVIDIA's free Android Market app which showcases the best games optimized for the Tegra processor.
Highlights / Key Facts:
The Tegra 3 processor for super phones runs at up to 1.5 GHz and features:
Unique 4-PLUS-1 quad-core CPU architecture, including a fifth battery saver core that operates at exceptionally low power
A 12-core GeForce GPU, with up to 3x the graphics performance of the Tegra 2 processor, including support for stereoscopic 3D
New video engines with support for 1080p high profile video at 40 Mbps
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard